Sunday, July 1, 2012

North Carolina trip with mom and my sister

Taking a last minute trip to North Carolina with my mom and sister on Tuesday. I am excited and nervous. I am really looking forward to this trip but do not know what to expect. This is the side of the family who are devout Christians and I do not want to spend my time with my family in a huge debate over Christianity and Islam. I know that people fear what they don't understand and have never learned about. Hopefully I will be a good role model for who Muslims are and its nothing to fear. :)

I am not afraid of them trying to talk me out of being Muslim. I just don't know what to expect whether they will be accepting or full of fear and misunderstanding. I can't use the word hate because I have never known my family to hate anyone. We were brought up to love and respect everyone. I would not say my family is normally full of fear misjudgments but we are not perfect either. I haven't been around them since I converted but I have heard some statements that would make my concerns realistic which is no need to point out who they are or what it was. It is what it is but I still love them with all my heart.

I will be fine, Insha' Allah, Allah gives me the knowledge and strength to be the best and most positive example of Muslim I can be. Insha'Allah, Allah will help me find the words and answers. Insha' Allah they will not have any problems with me or my religion and just see the same ol' Tracie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment