Sunday, July 29, 2012

Interview Tuesday the 31st of July

I have an interview on the 31st. I have been laid off for the past year and a half. I am desperate for a job because my unemployment runs out very shortly. I know that many people have ill feelings towards Muslims and are afraid of Muslims so I fear I will not get this job because of it. I have been struggling with the decision to wear my hijab or to leave it home. I may not be good at practicing and being consistent with my prayers but my conviction is true to my very core. I know where my heart is. I do not want to live a lie at work and people will be suspicious if I show up to work wearing hijab, taking it off for work then putting it back on to go home. The only reason I shouldn't wear it if it is hazardous to my job.

I had at least three non-Muslims who support me tell me to be true to myself and my religion shouldn't matter to who hires me as long as I can do the job. It touched my heart the support they gave.

I still have two days to make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment