Thursday, August 30, 2012

Job

A while ago I struggled with whether to wear a hijab to job interviews but in the end I decided to wear my hijab and keep true to myself. Yesterday, I was given a conditional job offer pending a drug test, (I passed that) and a criminal history check. Insha' Allah they call me and confirm my orientation by the end of this week..

It is a bit far but Masha'allah I have good friends that will allow me to stay with them. I truly hope to move down that way very soon.

I have found throughout my journey (which is still very new to me) that most people are accepting and supportive. When I announced my hesitation to wear my hijab to a job interview it was my non-Muslim friends that encouraged me to wear my hijab and said it doesn't or shouldn't matter and to stay true to myself and my religion. Masha'Allah people are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment