Sunday, September 9, 2012

Friday at work at Barnes and Noble

On Friday the 7th at Barnes and Noble I was cashiering when an elderly man walked up and said you must be really cold today. I replied no, I wear this every day no matter how hot or cold it is. He huffed and puffed. Snatched his money and walked off. He didn't reply back when I told him to have a nice day.

In saying that, when he said that to me I really wasn't paying attention to what he really meant by it. When I replied to him it was truly just reply to what I thought was an honest harmless comment by him. It wasn't until he huffed and puffed and snatched his money that I became suspicious of his intent and had the feeling he was being mean with a nasty attitude. It was nice outside, it was a warm day.

I relayed the incident to my two co-workers and they said he was being mean. I don't know, I didn't see his face when he said it and I really didn't make eye contact with him at all. He only bought a juice so the transaction was less than 45 seconds.

My heart says to not make anything more of it and not read into it if I am not sure. I don't like to think the worst of people even when my gut is confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment