Thursday, August 16, 2012

So running into the haram police lately

I am finding that my beliefs and support of the gay community is not sitting well with other Muslims as it did not with many Christians.

At first it made me feel like I shouldn't follow any religion but I love Islam. I don't agree with every single piece of its doctrine but I believe Allah has a path for me and I am following it. If he wanted me to feel or think differently he would have guided me down a different path by now. I do not want to be guided by other Muslims because they are not God and I do not conform well to "the majority" mind set or beliefs. I do not follow the popular path and rarely the more traveled path.

I may not follow the path everyone else does but I follow the path God has laid out for me and that's what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment