Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I have learned so far...

April 29th, 2012

Strangers have been cool; it's the people I know, or, thought I knew that are showing some true colors. I always say intolerance is always offensive regardless of who it comes from.

 This is what I have personally learned from these experiences thus far in my journey and adventure. At 44 years of age I DON'T MAKE ANY APOLOGIES for my decision and choices in my journey. I DON'T ask for permission for what I do, nor do I seek anyone's acceptance or approval. That includes from family and friends. Just ask anyone who knows me. I share in hopes that someone may learn tolerance or something about themselves they didn't know before. What I have learned about myself in the past three years is what I should have known a long, long time ago and that fear of rejection NO LONGER exists. I have learned that people have misinformed, preconceived notions about race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation that drives them which has nothing to do with me. That is their misery and hell to wallow in. Mine is to grow and look forward to my next day.

I am totally in my comfort zone! I have found my comfort zone takes people out of their comfort zone which is when their problem arises.

2 comments:

  1. Alhamdulillah you are finding out who your true friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am and it is ok with me. Hopefully I show them through my actions that their perceptions are wrong.

    ReplyDelete