Thursday, May 24, 2012

Letter to my Dad and Stepmom

May 22nd, 2012

How are the both of you? I am doing good.

I am writing to let you know that I have made a change in my life. I am going to just come out with it and let you know I have spent a long time looking into different religions and have made a change to Islam. Most people know and I have not made a secret of it. However, Robin said I should let parents know. lol....I didn't think it would be that huge of a deal but apparently she thinks so. At 44 I guess I spend little time informing people of my decisions but this is rather big.

I am officially Muslim but still the same Tracie and that hasn't changed.


Love you both,

Tracie




*sn* I was so terrified to say anything as always no one likes to be rejected. But I also felt that I don't need to inform my parents with every decision I make with my life. Glad my sister urged me to say something. I have yet to tell my devout Christian mom....now that is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment