Friday, June 8, 2012

Was deleted yet again by another friend/ex-coworker

I don't know how long ago a former male police co-worker deleted me from face book but he did. This would be the same person who said I was strange for wearing the hijab and said my hijab is a symbol of women being oppressed and a symbol and reason American soldiers are being hurt and killed.

How do I feel about this? I feel no sadness or disappointed what-so-ever. This is someone who gave me hell when I first started at the police department, became one of my best friends and told me I turned out to be a very good officer and after I left the department nothing. He did defend me when it came to my dv situation and I appreciated that. Sometimes, people change as they evolve through life but that doesn't give anyone to mistreat and speak poorly to another person.

I think I have made many police officers mad because I have stood up and I am telling my experience as a police officer and the relationships with other officers and some of them are very negative and shine an inside light into the world of women in policing. Officers tend to not like people talking crap about officers or first responders period for several reasons. So I am sure that my blogging about our last conversation and the fact that I converted had something to do with it. Also that I hold a strong opinion about police behavior and actions that are uncalled for. Having been on both sides of the fence I have a well rounded view of the issue.

Anyway, no loss for me. I do not need that negativity in my life but I will pray for him and Insha'allah he stays well and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment